1/4 lb Lean ground beef^
1 lg Onion; sliced wafer-thin
4 Carrots; sliced wafer-thin
2 Potatoes; halved, sliced
3 Ribs celery; sliced wafer thin
1 c Boiling water
2 ts Beef extract OR bouillon
2 Bay leaves
1/4 ts Dried thyme
Salt OR garlic salt
1/4 c Dry red wine OR tomato juice
2 tb All purp flour
1. Use melon baller and shape meat into tiny meatballs. Brown in skillet.
Discard any fat.
2. Stir onion into skillet and cook 1 min.
3. Add boiling water or broth and extract or bouillon.
4. Add remaining veggies, seasonings.
5. Cover, cook over low heat, 15 mins until vegs are tender.
6. Combine wine or water and flour in covered jar.
7. Shake and stir into skillet.
8. Cook and stir until sauce is thick, 4 mins.
Category: Delicious Recipes